AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Imperial information.Imperial measurments.Gallons.. ect.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 7/20/2014 18:54 (#3977436 - in reply to #3977208)
Subject: RE: Imperial information.Imperial measurments.Gallons.. ect.

Near-north Ontario, French River
I'm a half breed, metric was introduced into our school about the time I was in grade 2 or 3,so I use a mix. I drive km/hr yet figure my fuel economy in miles/gal. I weigh myself in pounds, yet sell grain by the bu or metric Tonne. I'm 6ft 5" tall, but live 60 km from Windsor etc etc.... sprays are figured in litre/ac, g/ac or kg/ac.... I only use imperial measurement for familiarity reasons, as someone early posted most of the older crowd, my dad included,are just simply more versed in Imperial so to avoid confusion I use Imperial in most everyday conversation. When doing calculations though Metric is much easier so I will often convert from Imperial to Metric, do the math and then convert back in need be. Screwed up way of doing things but as I said I'm a bit of a half breed. Doesn't help that I'm only 30 minutes from the US border either, many companies, especially those that export or deal with US companies still use Imperial units because that's what their US customers prefer. Anyone under 30 primarily works in Metric though because that's all they were ever taught in school.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)