AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finishing Barns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Livestock_ohio
Posted 5/31/2013 11:28 (#3129292 - in reply to #3127391)
Subject: Re: Finishing Barns

Central Ohio
It certainly seems like there are two very different sides of this discussion. Those who say they have done it and loved it, and those telling me there are better ways to invest my efforts based on their evaluation of the proposal. Obviously the negative comments have some additional reason for being so negative since their posting history seems to reflect a history of being negative toward contract barns and pigs in general. I'm not trying to say anything other than, please share your stories that caused you to be so down on the prospect. Either you know people who have lost a lot of money doing it or you tried to put it together on paper for yourself or it didn't work out. Whatever the cause, please let me know. td1 seems to have some prices put together, so either they did it or thought about it at some point. Which was it?

This may seem like a rude request, but in reality i am just trying to figure out where the negative point of view comes from. I mean no disrespect. I know when i started looking at farming, everyone discourage me. My parents even sat me down and said that i would make more money if i just went to work at McDonald's. (no, i was not 16, but 19 and working full time on a dairy) I am not afraid of hard work. I want to build a farm up so my kids can work alongside me someday, even if it is only during their teenage years. My wife's family farm is not big enough to support more families, so believe me i am thinking about the future not the past.

I look forward to hearing some first hand accounts good/bad or ugly.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)