AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why no universal health care
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

martin
Posted 12/1/2012 23:45 (#2727903 - in reply to #2727180)
Subject: Re: Why no universal health care

I am self-employed. I buy my own health insurance.  I have a "high deductible policy" - actually, a Health Savings account.  I am billed 4x per year.  My last bill was $3400 - it had just gone up.  Previous quarterly bills this year were running just over $3000.  I would have to look, but I think my deductible is somewhere in the $2000-3000 range.  Which means I pick up the first dollar of coverage to that point, and the policy picks up 100% after that.  If my memory is correct.  Not all policies are set up that way, but that is how I got mine set up.

I would have to go back and look how long I've been with this company. I believe when I started, the quarterly bills were running under $1000.  I think I figured up one time, that my health insurace costs have been rising somewhere between 15-20% every year.  Some years it did not go up; some years it went up more.  But, on average, it has gone up about 15-20%.  Again, that is from my memory, and it's been a while since I did that analysis, so my memory could be wrong.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)