AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why no universal health care
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 12/1/2012 15:27 (#2727044 - in reply to #2727031)
Subject: Re: Why no universal health care

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!
But in Canada the first thing they say is "to the back of the line!" I was in line for a procedure once, and they sent me to the emergency line-up for some reason. There were about 40 waiting in line ahead of us. They seemed to process about a head every ten or fifteen minutes. Most everyone was joking and laughing, and looked very able bodied. But right in front of me was a young lady completely doubled over in pain, obviously in trouble. I could only take it for a few minutes before I suggested to the desk idiot that they rush them in, as the rest of us are in no obvious pain. She looked at me like I was an idiot, but grudgingly obliged. Only in Canada!

So if the yahoos, who were there for a sore toenail, a tiny cut, a pimple, or a mole, were eliminated from the lineup through charging them for their false emergencies, the people in REAL pain would be served much faster. This is what you get with "FREE" health care. Long waits. Good care, sure, but long waits.

Comparing our system with an unknown system, with scarey factors like user fees, and insurance premiums most Canadians would say our system is superior. I suppose those who pay no tax would think that, because for them, it is indeed free. But the rest of us pay for their abuse dearly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)