AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why no universal health care
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 12/1/2012 15:10 (#2727026 - in reply to #2726984)
Subject: Re: Why no universal health care

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!
I will tell you about health care in Canada. Our waiting lists are horrendous, our efficiency is poor, our taxes obscene. Now, responsible people insure themselves against injury. We just had a meeting with our advisor, and decided to get a bunch of disability insurance. Just in case. Given the choice, people make wise decisions. But as it is, when there is really no reason to take care of yourself, cuz the gooberment will, few choose to follow through, and take care of their own well being. It is utterly ridiculous.

User fees must be put in place to get rid of half of the useless doctor visits. Waiting rooms are jammed with people with benign symptoms, like a cold, a cough, a sprained pinkie, a sore throat. Some people really do think our system is free. Yeah, maybe for the FREE LOADERS it is free, but the rest of us pay dearly to cover the insanity of others.

In our province, health care consumes 40% of government spending. I believe this could be drastically reduced by making user fees mandatory, giving private clinics a chance to serve those who would pay, and therefore alleviating the current pressure by the sore finger individuals, who today are milking the system dry. Efficiencies must be sought, and to me, this would include a 50 dollar up front price tag for every visit to the doctor, including those who have a sore left little toe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)