AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to buy ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

nar
Posted 7/11/2012 01:35 (#2478829 - in reply to #2477075)
Subject: Re: How to buy ground?

Wyoming
Custom work didn't necessitate a new tractor, custom work is helping pay for a 7 year old decent used tractor as opposed to running a 20 year old tractor. I already had guys asking me to do things, a few days extra of tillage work, planting work, spraying, doesn't seem like a bad deal to make some extra money to have decent equipment. Minimal extra hours and wear but helps lower my costs per acre. It actually usually works out timewise quite well, they are never ready when we are so we usually get all our stuff done first anyway.

And we do run some cows, and half our equipment is home built or modified with a lot of welding, I just wanted to have at least a reliable tractor. I should really post pics of my homebuilt sprayer or header trailer for the guys that assume a nice tractor means BTO.

And your last statement, well so far that seems to run true since 90 or so. I wish I had managed to buy a couple farms right out of high school for half what they are now.

Of course the same guys that tell you that you should farm with a 4430 are usually the ones saying don't buy ground it's surely a bubble that will burst right after you buy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)