AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you go too deep with a inline ripper?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 11/13/2011 20:02 (#2048470 - in reply to #2047998)
Subject: RE: Is ripping worth it if you aren't willing to do a good job?

Saronville NE
Well kinda messed around with settings this afternoon to see what was going on, I had really misjudged my first depth, after actually probing and measuring, found out I had been running 20in deep, so backed it down ta 14in and actually seemed to get more of the wave effect like Loran talked about, but occasionaly would still hit a spot that just heaved like there was no tomorrow and bout stop the tractor dead in its tracs. From everything I have ripped over the yrs, I have always seen a yield increase, but it has always been under irrigation. I could see how on a dry year on dryland it could be an ouch if dont get enuff moisture for the next year. My experience has always been alot more mellow the next year and better root growth and better yield. Mainly just did ends this year, and where I had been running a dirt scraper fixing ditches and etc this fall, did do one small area of a field that seemed to have a compaction issue, have ripped it in the past before, it seemed to wave pretty good, but get outa that area, didnt do anything and could pull it 6mph and not know it was there, so just did that area.

Edited by ahay68979 11/13/2011 20:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)