AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twin Row Corn Experiment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dan_wcIN
Posted 6/7/2007 16:29 (#159764 - in reply to #159164)
Subject: Re: Twin Row Corn Experiment

It made a Crop
Inotill, I think we just need to agree to disagree on this. Where are you located?

MY bean test Is What It Is. Well mine and my Dads. He's ran a Tye drill for 15-16 yrs. I think a 15" planter (cylco) can do a better job on OUR farm.
So the only propose of the test is to compare net return of the two. I believe if we had a 15" planter we could do a better job of getting seed out of the ground. There by reducing seed cost with losing net return. So I set aside 12 acres for the check. Dad set the drill population base on Seed suppliers recommended for the hybrid that how he's always set the drill. That's given us yields from 45-70 bu beans in the past.

I set the planted based on a Poplulation I thought would be work for 15" rows and What I would plant on OUR farms with a 15" Cyclo planter.

These are test My test on OUR farm for my research that's it. "IT IS WHAT IT IS" it's that simple. I didn't not need more for information I'm looking for. There are other places to get that information. That's what I looked at to setup MY tests. If we switch to 15"s in Beans and Twin on Corn I will do Population test/check on them then. Just like we have before with the Drill and 30" and 38" Corn. I did that last year with 15's" and 30" with the Planter. That's why I did not plant any 30" beans. I planted 40 acres with a 6-30 Cyclo and when was done it seemed like I had planted 80.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)