AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

vertical welding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 2/23/2011 08:49 (#1630697 - in reply to #1630543)
Subject: Re: vertical welding

Paxton, IL
not trying to offend you or anything but as others have said, if you are asking then I'll bet even with the right choice of equipment and settings it won't turn out well. Also since you are asking, I'm guessing it's something that you want to make sure it holds well and you don't want to mess it up. that said I'd either get it flipped over somehow if possible (safely) and weld it in a position you are more comfortable with. Or find a neighbor or someone around that really knows how to weld and could do it for you. That being said my advice would be the same as most everyone else has said. use 1/8" rod. around 90-100 amps I haven't welded on an A/C welder for years so my choice of rod for vertical welds on DC is 7018 but I've never used the A/C version of the rod and don't know if it responds in a similar fashion or not. If you can't gain access to a DC welder and/or if the metal isn't very clean (and you can't get it that way for whatever reason) I'd go with 6011. Vertical up would be better, but like everyone said is much more difficult, vertical down is easier and looks better. If you decided to tackle it yourself, do a google search on vertical up or vertical down (whichever you decide you want to do) and you'll find a lot of information on exactly how to do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)