AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smaller ears then normal!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

greenpower
Posted 8/2/2010 11:04 (#1297700 - in reply to #1297672)
Subject: RE: genetics???

N/E Iowa
I walked some fields last evening, didn't get too far in, BUT noticed alot of 14 round 36 to 38 long.population 30,000 Had a few 16 round, 40 or so long, was kinda disappionted due to the field looks great for all the moisture it has had this year. But i do agree there is that lack of root depth, my fields were always damp to wet, roots got lazy also and didn't get down to the Nitrogen. It's got me nervous thinking that a 50 mph wind will lay her down!!

I do know one thing after traveling 75 miles this morning to run to get some parts there is alot bean fields that are showing yellowing, and brown spots already, low lying areas and around waterways and end rows. 2 weeks from now it's going to look UGLY!!

Did I mention i got 12.5 inches in less then 48 hours 10 days ago (8 of those came in 10 hours) and they are talking 2 to 4 more inches today and tonight!! I wish i could send this south where they need it!! I have NEVER EVER had this much rain during June, and July NEVER! I'm well over 30 inches!Mowing my yard twice a week just to stay ahead of it, Most seasons I don't mow 3 or 4 times all July. LOL

Edited by greenpower 8/2/2010 21:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)