AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I want LAND!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

csgrower
Posted 11/27/2022 06:20 (#9951710)
Subject: I want LAND!!

Another estate question. I'm in an estate situation with my brother in which my parents will states my brother will receive half of the estate. I farmed with my parents till they retired (20+ yrs ago) and have been cash renting their estate since. My brother has never been active in the farm physically or finanancially as he spent his life as a professional 50 mi away. Over the yrs I made numerous improvements to the home farm (concrete,, buildings, bins, center pivot, etc.}. I always asked my mother to sell me the farm, but she always said "I want to live my last days in peace" knowing their would be trouble in the end. When they wrote their will the appointed their estate attorney executor of the estate for that reason. After my mothers death the estate attorney decided he didn't want to be the executor and appointed my elder brother executor of the estate. Now 4 yrs have soon passed and I had to hire an attorney to try and get it resolved. He will not sit down with me and have an auction between us as he says I will outbid him. Of course I want to buy as I own land adjacent to the estate on 2 sides. He says I'm greedy as I have other land and he doesn't have any (maybe their is a reason for that, LOL). He just cries to me about all the money he saved thrioghout his life isn't worth anything and now wants land that his wife won't let him spend money to buy. He has made an offer to split the land but always in his favor. Will the courts send the estate to auction or try to divide the land?? thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)