AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

surge protector vs. the refrigerator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

westom
Posted 7/24/2021 18:12 (#9127350 - in reply to #9127009)
Subject: RE: surge protector vs. the refrigerator

sand85 - 7/24/2021 13:33
It’s not the low voltage killing the equipment.  No sir, that’s all fine. Now, high current, that kills stuff.  Especially short circuits, or electrical current created by maintaining power to operate something via the completely made up relationship of P=IV, which is in no way, shape, or form a derivative of Ohm’s LAW regarding electricity.

Now learn basic electrical design requirements that existed (apparently) long before you were born. Called foldback current limiting. Required so that low voltages and high currents cause no damage.

For example, read an ATX Standard that defines how PCs must be designed (over 25 years ago). That standard describes how thick a shorting wire must be to short all PSU outputs together. Power on and no damage must ever happen. Wire must be so thick to create the worst short circuit - without any damage. Short circuit all DC voltages and no damage must happen due to features such as "foldback current limiting".

Or learn from a datasheet. Notice I keep telling you to read datasheets - and your refuse. For example a single chip power supply (ie7805) can be shorted. And does not fail. These design concepts are that old, that standard, that required, and that unknown by so many whose emotions invent fictional fears. Even found and required in the simplest single chip power supplies. Why do you not know this?

Obviously you have no design experience. No knowledge of standards. Were educated by myths, lies, advertising, and fears. And yet know more than a design engineer who was doing this stuff even before PCs existed. Why do we know you are lying? All those posts. Not one standard, not one design concept, not one 'at risk' component, and no numbers. Each describes one who would make declarations without basic knowledge.

It is called foldback current limiting. If you knew that well proven concept, then numbers in P=IV say only what I have posted repeatedly. You never once put any numbers to P=IV - due to technical ignorance. Then ignored so many numbers that I posted for P=IV; that exposed disinformation.

Show me your numbers! You constantly refuse.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)