AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

surge protector vs. the refrigerator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

sand85
Posted 7/27/2021 14:34 (#9132407 - in reply to #9131870)
Subject: RE: Technical claims vs logical process

C IL

I think this person actually has some electrical chops.  He or she just can't figure out how to talk to regular folks, and cannot or refuses to extend beyond design theory to talk about practical applications.

Reading comprehension is not so good (or delusional, nod to 'crackpot'), chip on shoulder, ability to show technical reasoning is subpar.  Hothead.  The classical elitist bullying attitude and inability to develop a logical progression of ever-more complex technical theory and discuss the issues inherent with each step and overcome by the next step don't help.  Which is a real shame, because it is very interesting to talk to technical folks who really have both a theoretical and practical understanding of what is happening and actually have a desire to show others how things really work.  

I've been fortunate to have a farm background, exposure to the mechanic/technician/SME levels in technical areas, and a truly first-class technical education at one of the top engineering and ag undergrad and grad schools in the world, which ironically has one of the top electrical engineering/computer science programs in the world (not my area, was my roommate's, though).  One cannot just slide by with such sloppy and incomplete explanations and reasoning as displayed by our debate opponent at a place like that.  It's the technical equivalent of sitting through Jr High band concerts.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)