AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ed, Others in the EV Know
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmnsew
Posted 11/29/2022 21:12 (#9956966 - in reply to #9956302)
Subject: RE: Ed, Others in the EV Know

N E Iowa
RedPower71 - 11/29/2022 14:31

So how would a guy drive a EV cross country? I've done 1,000 miles in a day before more than once. Get a hotel every 300 miles and spend the night while it charges?

We got our EV April 28 2022.
I had it a month when I had to go from Waterloo IA to near Indianapolis to pic up a fan blade for the sprayer. It was charged to 80% when I started. I put the address in it told me to charge for 20 minutes at Walcott Junction and 15 minutes at Bloomington IL. You will arrive with 20% left. I drove 900 miles that day.

I also pulled a trailer to Hector Mn to pick up parts. I learned a lot that trip. Pulling a trailer at 80 mph lowered my range by 46%. Driving 65 on the way back only lowered it 21%.

That trip educated me on chargers. Because I was unsure about making it to the Tesla supercharger I stopped at a Charge Point found out it was only a 32 amp charger. 48 amp charger at home. I took an hour to get 20 miles of range. I was basically empty when I got to the supercharger in 35 minutes I gained 315 miles.
I takes me longer to pee than to charge at a supercharger. (I’m scheduled to get the peeing part fixed)
We have 11,500 miles on it now.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)