AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ed, Others in the EV Know
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/30/2022 05:45 (#9957211 - in reply to #9957030)
Subject: RE: Ed, Others in the EV Know

Chebanse, IL.....

A new Casey's just opened in town. It was constructed from scratch on bare ground starting about 3 months ago. It's the only gas station within 4 miles!! I'm sure folks living in MT or AK laugh at 4 miles. It's a daily walk at it's worse for them. 

At any rate, there appears to be no provisions for electrical things outside....nor, more importantly, any room for them.

To me, making room at charging stations is going to be a concern. I'm reading on AgTalk & other places that not-at-home recharge times vary from 10-40 minutes. So, we take an average of 30 minutes. All ICE vehicles sitting at gas pumps for 30 minutes would be totally unacceptable for most gas stations that I'm familiar with. They need to you to move so the next 5 cars/trucks behind you can fuel up. As EV's become more popular the lack of space at charging stands may become more obvious. Dead space is very valuable & expensive for gas stations locally.

Not sure how this problem will be solved unless stations recoup a lot of $$ for allowing EV's to charge up.  A couple of slurpees won't cut it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)