AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ed, Others in the EV Know
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 11/29/2022 20:57 (#9956932 - in reply to #9956878)
Subject: RE: Ed, Others in the EV Know

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

What trucks?
I guess I've never heard of the grid capacity being a problem at any Super-Charger site. Believe it or not, Tesla has a pool of very smart engineers. They seem to always have a well thought out plan and I doubt seriously that they would site a charging station where there was only single phase power available. I believe some sites also have solar panels to supplement grid power and provide shade for charging cars. They also make grid scale battery packs that are used at some sites to soak up the load and keep the cars charging. It seems that other charging networks will throttle charger output as more cars hook up. Tesla doesn't do that. Whether there is one car charging or 20, the rate stays the same.
As for the acres needed for a charging site, it will depend on how many stalls you want. Kinda like a regular gas filling station in that the more pumps you have, the more space you will need. The big sites like Barstow and Primm are still to new to have current Google Earth photos so I can measure their area yet. When GE updates, we'll be able to have a look and do some measuring

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)