AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foods that keep you from feeling hungry-John Burns & others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/21/2020 06:43 (#8056035 - in reply to #8056023)
Subject: RE: carbs make me hungry, fat and protein satiates

Pittsburg, Kansas
Cut out the pita bread too????

A little bit of carbs at breakfast will make me hungry for a snack a couple hours later. I "just say no" to toast or bread or milk. Those things keep the carb addiction going for me.

Some people can simply just reduce their carb intake and get along fine. Not me. It kind of has to be all or nothing and for me it is nothing. But I am type II diabetic, so I have to stay a lot more strict than most (if I want to control my blood glucose with diet rather than drugs). But eating carbs for me just makes me want more carbs. I have completely eliminated the cravings and am not going to go back. My taste buds have changed significantly and now I am enjoying foods before I would not have touched.

I think carbs are a little like alcohol in their addictive nature. Some people can eat modestly all their life and get along fine. For us "carbaholics" like me, we have to avoid them because a little as an exception will eventually lead to the exception being the rule. Been there, done that, even before I understood all I do now.

A person may feel like crap for 2-3 weeks till they get to the first stages of being fat adapted. When I would "hit the wall" and feel like I ran out of energy, ususlly a half teaspoon of salt in a half glass water would do the trick. Not a recomendation or medical advice, just what wife and I did.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/21/2020 07:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)