AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What should I do...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ricb
Posted 5/2/2016 16:16 (#5278146 - in reply to #5276862)
Subject: RE: What should I do...

Puckerville Dead center N.Y.
Been in your shoes....sort of. I farm with my father and brother. There are days when I want to be anywhere else. It's the same in all relationships working or personal. Sometimes you need to keep quiet and see if things get better. They always do here.
You have to have similar goals for the operation. If they are not close this partnership is doomed. There is no other way to say it nicer. You can't fight for control of direction of the operation daily. It will kill you. A long slow death.

Now for the introduction of women into the scenario. If you can't get along with your future sil now when the subject of money enters, you will never get along. When you have young ones introduced you will have to be more flexible than now. Like it or not you do not work in a factory or dealership where there is a hard start time and hard end time. If this is your desire and you want the workload split totally even, move on now. Just understand that no matter where you go, there will never be an even split in duties

Lastly attitude has a lot to do with being able to navigate the waters of life. If everything has to be done on your schedule and to your satisfaction, you may be in for a long and lonely life. It didn't work like that. In relationships, both personal and work, there is a certain give and take. Learn and accept that and you will be much happier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)