AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What should I do...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 5/1/2016 22:06 (#5276951 - in reply to #5276668)
Subject: RE: What should I do...

Aggieland
Don't know your age but I'd guess twenties. The worst thing you can ever do is stay and hope it gets better. Based on your story it sounds like neither one of them gives a rats donkey about your thoughts or desires. Look at your own tag line of your threads. In twenty years do you want to still be miserable and wonder what life would have been like if you would have left back in 2016? If you truly have a 25% stake in this there should be some form of legal documentation and in my opinion if your old boss still wants you back I would be headed that way Tuesday morning. Monday I would lay the cards on the table to Dad and brother of your buyout or the fact that their hard work will raise your equity until they decide to buy you out.

My dad tried to hand me his refrigeration and ac business when I was 19 but we constantly butted heads. If my way was more efficient or better it was dumb....until next week when it became his idea. I walked away and left him with this sentence "In order to save our relationship I am leaving and moving six hours north of here, I do not want your business, I want my dad" I have never once regretted that decision and dad and I have a great relationship. I now own my own HVAC company (just starting out) and my dad still gives me a hard time every once in awhile over something I'm doing that he's not. Like maintenance agreements.

Good luck to you. Oh and another note, a miserable dude is not an attractant to women. Your sour attitude from work will most definitely spill over into your social life. Cut your losses and move on.

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)