AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

alternate energy sources
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

eng25
Posted 3/24/2021 18:21 (#8913613 - in reply to #8848213)
Subject: RE: alternate energy sources

I will take it as a compliment that you can't tell. Personally i feel both parties in our made up 2 party system are equally worthless.

In reality, there are good ideas and ideals on all sides. I think the picture below fairly accurately represents my position, which is mostly less government more freedom.

Edit: I failed to answer your question. I don't think you can get the answer right to a question that is constantly changing. We are living in a constantly changing society, and now more change has come at a more rapid pace than ever before. i think for all the issues you see or read about every day, the government, utilities, and private industry are really doing a great job in providing ready access to energy whether that be electricity or gas etc, and that includes folks of all backgrounds including fossil generations and renewables.

The reality is most Americans have very little in terms of reliability issues. And the expectation that the electric system will be there all the time,without interruption FOREVER is ridiculous. It just exemplifies how individuals have given up their own responsibility for themselves. Everyone is always looking for someone else to blame. I think I saw it in another thread here where someone in texas was complaining because their pipes froze and burst during the outage. Well, maybe that wasn't preventable, but maybe it was. is there a low point drain the homeowner could have opened and prevented all that damage? Something so simple could have prevented catastrophic damage in some cases.

In summary, in such a complex system there is no single, simple answer to anything. it is all so complex there is not and probably never will be a 'solution'. But as long as intelligent people are incentivized to do good work, and for the right thing i think we will keep coming out ahead.

Edited by eng25 3/24/2021 18:37

(vnilk21rfmw51 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments vnilk21rfmw51 (full).jpg (185KB - 7 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)