AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lockdown not working
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

The Pretender
Posted 1/22/2021 11:24 (#8771973 - in reply to #8771784)
Subject: RE: lockdown not working

The Internet

Let me tell you, it's an absolute nightmare.

We are in peak respiratory illness season and people wonder why there are other people dying of respiratory illnesses.

Almost all shops are closed, no pubs, no cinema, no concerts, no sports, no gyms, the kids are at home from school. The media are loving this, they keep up the sob stories about some old boy or fat person that was ill dying, forgetting about the almighty **** storm that that's around the corner when this lot needs paying for. Never mind the huge damage that has been done to society. Normal, human social interaction has been made illegal.

We've been in various forms of lockdown and restrictions since March, it's now the 3rd week in January. If lockdowns work, why are we still locked down? If they don't, why are we still locked down? People are blaming people for breaking lockdown rules for spreading the virus. It's a virus, viruses have been with us since time immemorial, they're not going away if we don't go out as much. There are people saying that everyone should be locked up, but these people forget that if that happens, they will be sat in the dark with no heat, water or food.

You would think by now that HM Government would have said "this isn't working, we will have to live with it" but they just want to keep everyone locked up with no exit strategy and certainly no cost/benefit analysis to any measures put in place.

More worrying for me is that there is little decent in the media. There is almost nobody asking any questions or saying, "hang on a minute, are you sure?" They are just accept everything the state is telling them. I'm sick of it.

The number of people dying in the UK is a reflection of the general poor health of the nation. A few years ago, the penny finally dropped that people were fat and lazy which was causing all sorts of problems, so GP's were starting to prescribe exercise for a lot of ailments. They also said right at the beginning of all this that healthy people will only suffer mild symptoms. So instead of encouraging people to keep fit, keep doing their sport, keep exercising, they shut the gyms and all sports clubs. They then sit around scratching their heads, wondering why everyone is fat, lazy, unhealthy and depressed.

I could go on, but it makes me too angry.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)