AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

do I need MCT oil for Keto diet?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/8/2021 11:04 (#8733668 - in reply to #8733281)
Subject: this might help

Pittsburg, Kansas
Just watched this video this morning. I do not follow everything DeLauer says but he does explain the science behind the way certain body functions work very well. He is into a lot more vegetables than my wife and I am (so may be good for some people) and he is very much into the technical aspects of the diet and also exercise. A little too much for me but I still learn a lot from him.

He talks about starting slow on increasing the fats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alK03_RhDMc

I will say that when my wife and I started reducing carbs we spent the first week cutting the carby foods in half. That more had to do with the groceries we had just bought rather than by grand design on our part. But that did give us a transition period of at least a week. Then we went heavily towards a lot of green vegetables along with our meats. So we were probably getting a lot of fiber at that point. We have never been really low fat, at least not on purpose, so the fats probably were not as big of issue with us.

It has been in the last year that we have slowly transitione more towards a carnivoris diet but we do still eat quite a bit of certain vegetables like onions. If my wife did not love onions so much she could easily go complete carnivore and I would have never guessed that of her in a million years. But I digress, that is not what you were asking about.

Based on the videos I have watched, tapering into the diet rather than cold turkey might be helpful.

Not advice, just discussion about a topic of interest. Everyone needs to do their own due dilligence.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/8/2021 11:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)