AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Facemasks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 8/9/2020 20:40 (#8425439 - in reply to #8425002)
Subject: RE: Denmark

North of London
I suppose 'under control' is somewhat subjective but there are jurisdictions where it is out of control with many new cases every day and other places where the numbers are 'under control' because they are small enough that public health is able to trace and contact any who have been exposed and keep it from getting out of control by having those who were in contact with the sick person to isolate and watch for symptoms so new cases are caught quickly and do not lead to more infections.

Ontario with a population of close to 15 million has had less than 100 cases each day for some time now, 73 today. That I think could be considered 'under control'.
Area I live in is mostly 'under control' as the latest cases are in a religious community so infection has been mostly within that group although they could spread it to the rest of the community but as I noted public health is able to keep up with the few cases to isolate and stop the virus from spreading.

The fewer people who get it the more people remain healthy and able to live their lives without deaths or disabilities from the virus.

I will do what I can to help stop the spread and keep it 'under control' so as things open fully and return to a new normal everyone will be able to go back to work and school safely.

BTW New Zealand is celebrating 100 days with NO Covid cases so it is safe to say they have it under control.

Bermuda has been clear except for people arriving and those are tested immediately on arrival and have to isolate until results are back so the few cases that come to them from mostly North America are put in isolation until they are well so no infections in the community and they still require masks when out in public locations like stores and public transportation and at all times when a 2 metre physical distance can not be maintained.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)