AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question: Acquaintance on a Keto diet for about 4-5 weeks. Lost about 10lbs, then stalled...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JJK
Posted 2/15/2020 12:53 (#8043537 - in reply to #8042890)
Subject: RE: Question: Acquaintance on a Keto diet for about 4-5 weeks. Lost about 10lbs, then stalled...

SE South Dakota-Beresford & Alcester
I have lost 16 pounds since February 2. First weight came off fast but I understand a lot of that is fluid. It is now slowing down as far as weight loss. I try to weigh only once a week because I think that it is more meaningful. I can bounce around 2-3 pounds a day at initial starting weight of 285(now 269) with normal bath room scales.
I am not hungry and eat just between 12 PM and 7 PM at latest. I am amazed how losing the 16 pounds has helped my mobility( I have MS). I was in to see my neurologist on a normal checkup and she strongly endorsed low carb Keto diet. I do not expect a miracle but the science says if I stay the course on being under 29 carbs a day the weight will keep burning off.
Again I cannot believe how much more mobile and more energy I have already.
I found it very helpful to download Keto app to monitor carb intake.
I am not the greatest cook and I am on my own on this since I have not or do expect my wife to be on board on what I am doing at this time. I have found eating out is easy because it is not hard to find the low carb selections on menus.Just stay away from deep fat fried meat because that will blow you out of the water as far as carb intake. Grilled is preferred. I have found some Aitkins frozen dinners are pretty good.
Again I realize I did not gain this weight overnight and do not expect to lose it overnight.
I am not going to have a disclaimer in my post because I do not care if you agree or not. I am not advocating or promoting anything(oops there goes my disclaimer)

Edited by JJK 2/16/2020 09:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)