AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question: Acquaintance on a Keto diet for about 4-5 weeks. Lost about 10lbs, then stalled...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Rideharley
Posted 2/15/2020 09:16 (#8043078 - in reply to #8042890)
Subject: RE: Question: Been on a Keto diet for about 4-5 weeks. Lost about 10lbs, then stalled...

My experience on testing ketones in urine was it only found out about how many ketones are burned. When we got a meter to do blood than I was better able to understand how to stay in ketosis and be in the right range. My wife did the research and took care of me because we did this together.
Some guidelines I tried to follow was No Sugar, corn syrup, and No Starch. Try to eat less than 20 carbs a day and keep the fat to protein ratio to 70-80% fat. This was my goals right or wrong it worked for me. I have learned to stay away from all processed foods and not to eat out.
I also struggled at the start till my body learned to burn ketones instead of glucose. I learned to drink coffee and could consume 1 gal a day. I ate cinnamon sticks because I read they could stop hunger. At night after the day is done I will make what I call a keto bomb which is decaf coffee 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and teaspoon of cocoa powder.
I’m a goal type of guy so everyday my weight didn’t go up was a success. My heaviest day was 200 and 8 months I lost 50 to put me at 150. Now I enjoy the keto diet and the last 3 months I lost another 10 and today I found 140. My goal is to stay under 150 but at 140 I have a six pack gut at 50 years old. My wife has followed a very similar journey.
It has or is a change in lifestyle that I think I have to accept. I love fitting in 30 inch waist pants. I sit on the beach and make women think there is a nice looking guy and not some fat blob sitting there. My wife can also make people turn their head and think there is a nice looking gal. I have lowered my chances for a heart attack and diabetes and it is a lot easier to mike in the day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)