AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question: Acquaintance on a Keto diet for about 4-5 weeks. Lost about 10lbs, then stalled...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/16/2020 10:58 (#8045181 - in reply to #8045085)
Subject: bone on bone

Pittsburg, Kansas
I've had three lower back operations and previously rarely had zero pain. The pain level was comensurate with my level of abusing it.

Within a month of going keto the back pain has went completely away and has not came back almost a year now. Before when I would fin a lot diving against a current or an expescially long swim during a dive, my lower back would hurt a little and at night had to use some Ben-Gay or something to get to sleep. All that went away. Now I may feel a little muscle tiredness in my back but no pain in my back or buttocks or down the leg. My L5 basically did not have any disk left and surgeon told me next step was to fuse the bone. Told me to change occupations and not come back. I have not been back.

My hypothesis is that once I got rid of the inflamation, my body had the building blocks and capability to regenerate cartilidge. I don't know of any other reason my knees would be completely healed. An earlier xray showed bone on bone on one corner of one knee joint. Have not had another xray since so don't know if that has healed and probably will not find out because I am carrying two dive tanks, one in each hand, up and down stairs with no knee pain. Plus recently helped a friend hand load aggregate into a stationary concrete mixer where I was lifting and carrying 80# buckets of sand and rock to the mixer. Then bending over and hand finishing concrete. For about 4 hours. Tired that night but no pain. So no need to go back to the orthapedic surgeon.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dr+ken+berry+joint+pain

Edit: wife and I do take a collagen supplement in our coffee in the morning. Don't know if this helps or not, but it surely has not hurt. Collagen consumed does not make collagen in the joints. But what it does do is make sure the body gets the basic building nutritional blocks so it has the materials to make its own collagen. That and the lower inflation of a low carb diet is what I credit with my improvement. The anti-inflamation has to be most of it though, because we did not start taking collagen till six months ago and into the low carb diet. The pain went away before the collagen supplement started.

Not medical advice or any advice at all. Just what I think I may have learned, subject to change and being wrong.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/16/2020 11:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)