AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

eat less, move more
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/15/2020 11:38 (#7975831 - in reply to #7975438)
Subject: RE: the joy of fat adaptation

Pittsburg, Kansas
Gotta have enough fat and protein. Especially fat but I find I eat all the protein I want and the weight for me just fell off, all the way to my ideal weight then stabilized. If a person cuts back on the total calories, at least in the beginning, you definitely are not going to feel well. When the carbs go something has to replace them. Make it fat and protein.

But the first two or three weeks, maybe longer, can be a struggle with some slumps in energy. This is when the body is still expecting that surge of glucose from the snack we used to "need" and it is not getting it. It has only began to become an efficient fat burner. It takes a while for the body to adapt and kick in. For FULL adaptation it may take 6 months or even a year. But usually the initial hurdle is over in a few weeks.

If a person does have a slump during the initial break in period, snack on some pork rinds or if you like sardines, a tin of sardines packed in olive oil works great. On my "feeding" days down here I have been having a tin of sardines and sometimes some pork rinds for lunch. I get a lot of exercise a day diving and taking care of gear and going up and down steps. So it takes some calories to keep me going.

Women sometimes have it harder. My wife lost 40 pounds in a few months. But the next 20 pounds coming off took another half year. She still has 30 or so to go and it is stuborn. We do eat a lot of cheese and that may be stalling her out. I told her not to worry about it, what she put on over 37 years coming off in a couple years is probably a good way to do it. She is slimming down, but of course not as fast as she would like, especially now that I have the phisique of when I was about 19.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/15/2020 11:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)