AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

eat less, move more
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/18/2020 18:25 (#7984154 - in reply to #7982562)
Subject: supper tonight - cholesterol levels

Pittsburg, Kansas
Here is a picture of what we had for supper tonight. Wife and I ate everything in the picture except I did not get all my green pepper down. Turns out it was a hot pepper rather than green pepper. I ate 2/3 and it was all I could take.

It consists of what I assume to be pork belly. I don't speak Dutch so can't read the label. It looks to be about half fat. Very delicious. Wife says it is just like pork belly at home only cut differently. The veggie is brocoflower (hybrid between brocolii and cauliflower) and some sliced onions. All roasted in the oven. Not shown is chaffles of which I ate 3 which would have consisted of about 1 1/2 eggs and shredded cheese plus I ate some liverworst, radishes and gouda cheese for an appetizer a while before supper.

That should last me till tomorrow night. This was slightly higher in fat than what we usually eat, but really is about the amount we would like all the time. Leaner stuff we add butter or olive oil or something to it to get the fat up a little more.

Before someone says "you are going to die from a heart attack because your cholesterol is going to be through the roof", watch this please. About a half hour long and could change your life. Especially if you are on a statin drug to lower cholesterol. More dietary fat = lower cholesterol levels. Yes, really. ( but not high dietary fat AND high carbohydrates - that will plump you up like the Pilsbury Dough Boy - because the carbohydrates upregulate insulin)

Insulin levels are the key to a healthy metabolic state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pybQjVeiQ&t=1521s

May need to watch the above twice to digest all the information. Then think about "do you really want to be jacking around with drugs what your body is trying to do with energy transport?". Keep in mind we have been following this diet and BOTH of our blood test markers, across the board including blood pressure and cholesterol, IMPROVED.

Oh, and wife just brought me our nightly plain yogurt with blueberries, nuts and chocolate with cinnnimin sprinkled on top. Setting outdoors (open air kitchen) at about 80 degrees, light breeze, listening to the ocean waves lapping up against the shore. Gorgeous wife that knows how to cook. WOW am I a lucky guy or what?. Life is good.

John

Edit: We may be getting too much fat for my wife to lose weight (I don't need to lose weight). The body will burn dietary fat first then body fat while in fat burning mode (which requires low insulin levels). She is in fat burning mode for sure, but if she is taking in enough dietary fat to supply her energy needs, she may never need to tap into her body stores. I think she is losing (we have no scales down here) but just slower than she would like. Patience I tell her. She is not hungry eating what we are eating and that keeps her on the diet.

Edited by John Burns 1/19/2020 08:16

(20200118_192102.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20200118_192102.jpg (120KB - 130 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)