AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1993 memories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 6/17/2019 22:53 (#7565619 - in reply to #7562109)
Subject: RE: 1993 memories?

SC Wisconsin
Im only 29, so i have no solid memories of 1993, other than blowing out the candles on my 3rd birthday cake. I recall all my grandparents being there (only have one grandmother left now). The grandmother who is still with us has always made the best birthday cakes, and for us boys it was always a farm scene of some sort. I remember how cool it was having a 1/64th scale deere like a 4430 with a pull type chopper and yellow top deere chopper box, the frosting was made to look like a corn field. I would have to ask dad for sure, but i believe that is the year they had to pick corn at night when the ground froze. 2 row pull type picker and flare boxes, they picked enough corn each year back then to fill i think 8 cribs, enough to feed 400 head of holstein steers. Ill be fine this year, i planted more corn than usual and made probably the nicest hay i ever have in my life last weekend. The corn i put in in May looks ok, but there is some obvious compaction in areas and it needs some heat. I put the rest of it in last tuesday and from scouting it should pop through tomorrow or Wednesday and as long as everything makes 150 bu plus i should be close to having enough feed. I work a full time job and make good money to keep the bill collectors at bay, so hopefully 20 or 30 years from now when someone is on here pissing and moaning about only having half their corn in by may 15th ill be able to say "you kids dont know how good you have it, you werent farming in 2019!"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)