AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm sector debt,inflation adjusted 1970-2019
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

beebe44
Posted 4/10/2019 22:29 (#7432113 - in reply to #7431782)
Subject: RE: Farm sector debt,inflation adjusted 1970-2019

Southern Idaho
Excellent post. I wish more farmers would think like you but I take it further. I would not even think about buying ANY farmland right now in my area. There is more to life than farming and owning a certain parcel of land. You miss an opportunity to buy your neighbors farm?? SO WHAT!! I realize I am much better off to do other things where I can make a good income. If the time comes where farmland looks like it COULD be a good buy I will consider it again, but for now all I am doing is selling land (my best land actually) and investing my time and money in other things. Don't let the farming pride factor get in the way of being smart with your money and your life. In my area it's just ridiculous what people are paying for land. I mean there are some solid investments that are likely to make double the money with less risk and very little work!! Like has been said there are a lot of farmers doing it for free. Don't be that guy just because "an opportunity knocked at the door". Don't fall in love with the land. Don't ever love something that can't love you back. This is the mindset that causes so many farmers to stretch themselves too thin and then kill themselves when it all falls through.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)