AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm sector debt,inflation adjusted 1970-2019
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 4/10/2019 21:28 (#7431977 - in reply to #7431906)
Subject: RE: Farm sector debt,inflation adjusted 1970-2019

outdoorswede - 4/10/2019 21:06

Boone & Crockett - 4/10/2019 20:27
If you have money for a down payment on a piece of ground, I’d suggest instead to find some income real estate, commercial or residential. That will satisfy your desire to be in the real estate game, at much more economic sense. Real estate tycoons do not bid the margins out of their market, unlike farmers. Your competition for a property will know what his expected ROI is, and it for damn sure will be double digits, Shoot me an email if you wish..

Rental homes will satisfy a farmers desire to own ag land?

Real estate “tycoons” do go belly up all the time. Buildings need maintenance and if your just starting out in that game you better be a carpenter, plumber, electrician, and HVAC Tec among other specialties (local codes, laws, eviction, background checks blah blah blah).

Where are these properties that return 10% plus turn key?
What will you inform us about via email that cannot be said in this thread?
If you took it that I’m suggesting rental properties are not without risk, I will most certainly reiterate it is not for the faint of heart or lazy. Most young guys raised on the farm though make great property owners because they are generally pretty handy and can do a lot of their own maintenance. I will most certainly throw out there it’s not for the faint of heart. Never meant to infer it is a great fit for everybody, cuz the reality of the situation is very few are actually cut out for it. A lot of folks email me, and we then talk on the phone, lots of times end up meeting. Have made many good friends because of this site I would have never met any other way. Edit too add to answer where are these properties? I have a son who markets his spare time buying or building (with a partner, they build them after work and weekends) new rental income housing in Osage, Iowa if you absolutely must need to know. And he for sure will not accept 10 percent. 15% plus is his minimum, and so far he’s been achieving his goals. My daughter opened a business in Ankeny. She’s renting her space. It’s a multi unit commercial property owned by an investor, and each and every unit is occupied. While I’m not privy to the owners numbers, knowing what she has to pay in total rent, makes me wish I owned that building. I’d be fairly confident in saying her landlord is pretty happy with his investment.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 4/11/2019 02:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)