AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Norwalk ia screw job
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 3/13/2019 05:45 (#7377021 - in reply to #7376721)
Subject: RE: Norwalk ia screw job

Talking to my insurance agent yesterday and he laughed that mechanics were lumped into the same scum of the earth as insurance agents and lawyers. I said, yes, I have a lot of customers who tell me they do not want to see me for a long time.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I assume it is a 1/2 ton Suburban as $450 is pretty much GM list for them and I guarantee they used OEM parts(not aftermarket) to cover their ass should something fail . BTDT
Flat rate labor is close to 2 hours/ bearing and yes we do pad the labor as a 11 year old truck hub bearing replacement is going to turn into a heat and beat festival. BTDT also
Figure dealership labor of $100/ hour or higher plus sales tax, shop fees and you didn't get screwed any more than the next guy. Just what it costs.
Yes you can go to O'Reillys and buy a good bearing for less than dealer list and a cheap bearing for A LOT less than dealer list but the CHEAP unit will not last and the surprising truth is all shops mark up the part. It is part of doing business and required to stay in business.
Sure at home, you could have done it yourself for less, maybe spent all day getting it done if need be, but the dealer has employees to pay, workers comp insurance, benefits to employees, fees to GM, owners who have big salaries to reward them for taking the risk of doing business, insurance to cover the mechanic not doing something right and killing you on the way home, the list goes on and on. 3
Like the insurance agent said also, Every one hates lawyers insurance salesman and mechanics until you need one.
You did not get screwed, just the cost of doing business.
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)