AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Norwalk ia screw job
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bman34
Posted 3/13/2019 06:14 (#7377045 - in reply to #7376721)
Subject: RE: Norwalk ia screw job

NE Ohio
I don't think that sounds that bad. I had a wheel bearing go out in my F250 around home. Scheduled it with my local shop that I use for everything. I have always felt they treat me very fairly. I believe the bill for my RH front wheel bearing replacement on my 4x4 F250 was over $650. Saw him in church a couple weeks later and he asked if the new one seemed to fix the problem. He said the wheel bearings for that truck are very large and expensive, and there are no aftermarket replacements so he had to use Ford OEM parts.

I have disassembled and reassembled the front wheels on a similar previous truck and knew what a PITA it was, which is why I took it to a shop. I know, from experience, if you don't get things lined up just right, you tear stuff up in that 4x4 actuator pretty quickly...

Like someone else mentioned, if only one side was bad, they could have only replaced that side and saved you 50%. You said the other side was going though, so changing both in 1 shot was probably worth the headache of being broke down halfway home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)