AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precison planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kagen
Posted 1/18/2019 09:27 (#7253444 - in reply to #7253298)
Subject: RE: Precison planting

Panhandle of Ne.
nviney - 1/18/2019 08:25

We plant into similar conditions as you do. I think the most likely to give a roi would be clean sweep, delta force and possibly the closing system, but none are guaranteed to do so.

We bought a used planter with Vdrive Vset and delta force and used it for the first time in 2018, so it cost us very little additional money to get that equipment.... went from a 12 row finger pickup to a 24 row with all the add ons for about $4,000.00. Both were similar year and similat acres.

Has wavevision seed tubes also, and have had those in the past. No real roi on the wavevision but no more dust etc causing issue with population readings.

I have a deltaforce trial, but havent analysed the data yet to see what, if anything i learned.

Multi-hybrid shows potential is you have a lot of variable soils in the same field and can get the hybrids placed correctly.

A lot of the other stuff does what they say, just not sure it actually makes you anymore money.

WOW, seems that the precision add ons don't hold their value in the used market. How much would that precision have cost you to put on that 24 row planter if it hadn't had it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)