AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precison planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mojave
Posted 1/18/2019 10:19 (#7253557 - in reply to #7253115)
Subject: RE: Precison planting

NE SD
I didn't go to the conference but can say that a case planter closing system with Vsets is profoundly better than either a deere or case planter out of the box. The consistency in spacing is unmatched and the individual row shut offs are great for point rows and filling in wet spots or skips. If I was starting from scratch i'd buy the cheapest case planter with pneumonic down pressure i could find. Strip it down and put Vsets and a 20/20 on it. Then just replace or repair whatever else needs on the planter. We have both a deere 1770 and a case 1250 both with vsets and the closing system on the case makes it my planter of choice. Emergence doesn't vary like it does with the deere style closing system. Doesn't seem to matter if its sticky or a bit to dry it still does a great job. In regards to all the other PP ad ons I have a hard time seeing where they can pay me back enough to warrant the expense but i have not tried them. Others who have tried them could speak to that. Even spacing and emergence gets you 95% of what you need so I'd tackle that first. It sure has taken the worry out of going to the field for me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)