AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hay so bad it's good question? Feeding hay with a skidsteer. nwmomike
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 1/6/2019 08:24 (#7223970 - in reply to #7223642)
Subject: RE: Hay so bad it's good question? Feeding hay with a skidsteer. nwmomike

Driftless SW Wisconsin

cottonhauler - 1/6/2019 02:50 Serious question. Why not just use a tractor?

As I mentioned above, I've got two locations and one loader tractor. Rather than buying a second loader tractor, I went to a used standard skid steer a few years ago as my second machine. I found the skid steer very useful in many jobs and complemented the tractor. A skid steer or track loader can get into spots and do many jobs much more easily than a loader tractor big enough to handle these big bales.

I find in my lumber business it is really handy to have a skid steer and grapple or forks rather than another loader tractor.

Besides a skid steer being much less expensive than a second loader tractor, then Supa wouldn't have any entertaining threads to comment on! BTW this machine was nowhere near 80k in US $$ and with an older JD in trade.  Also will likely save a lot of $$ on doctor (or undertaker) bills from trying to climb in and out under a bale which is the secondary point of this post.

Many folks on here have a lot more $$/head in machinery, land and facilities than I do and will when I get my cow herd numbers up to target size.

Edited by Jim 1/6/2019 08:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)