AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hard no-till ground
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 12/10/2018 07:36 (#7161272 - in reply to #7161134)
Subject: RE: This is it exactly ^^^^^^^^^^

ecmn
Pvafarm - 12/10/2018 06:37

You farm the way it works out best for the ground and your operation. I can make no-tillage work for me, a neighbor just down the road with same soils can't. That doesn't make him wrong and me right or visa-versa . . . . .. . .

I have seen this for decades . What works on one farm will not work on another farm almost entirely because of what's between the farmers ears.  Obviously there are some differences in soils and there are drainage issues.  But if someone does not want to try something new, think through the issues or explore new options there is no way changes will occur.  As we read on here - logic and science are tossed out the window and a belief system is imposed by many.  There is no arguing when people base their decision on beliefs. 

So what your politely saying is that yes the soil health and reduced tillage type practices do work everywhere it's just that some people believe they are too cold and too wet for to work on their Farm even though it is working for the neighbor down the road.

There is no soil in the country that will not respond positively to soil Health practices. There is a lot of soil around the country or more so farmers and their practices that will not allow these systems to work because of what they are trying to impose on the natural system they live in.

I said good for these guys keep the tillage up keep buying more fungicide more fertilizer more pesticide more horsepower more replacement parts more labor more fuel an overall promote death around your farm!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)