AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What’s it cost to put in an acre of corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 12/9/2018 14:34 (#7159688 - in reply to #7159209)
Subject: RE: What’s it cost to put in an acre of corn?

CIL
Aztec is $21 an acre here.
Plane running insecticide would be in the $12 to $15 range here.

Toss in another $10 to $15 dollars in herbicide savings, you're talking $45 to $50 in savings on just chemical inputs alone not to mention all the extra scouting you would have to do for corn borer.

So if you are saving $50 an acre on seed by going to non-gmo without collecting a premium, you are breaking even.

Like AGDEAL pointed out, that's not including your extra labor. By which I would mean scouting for corn borer, messing with the insecticide on the planter, and if you do all your own spraying, paying for your extra time in that.

Honestly I could be on the low end for the difference in herbicide costs here. This area is seed corn central, so waterhemp has gotten quite an education already from hppd’s like impact and laudis and a lot of dicamba has been sprayed on seed corn for decades.

I wouldn’t probably want to chance just some impact and atrazine in a post pass without status. And that gets expensive quick. Sure on the traited side roundup won’t take down hemp by itself anymore, but I think it still helps to have it in a good tank mix.

Heck, even the new xtends needs the roundup with it here.

Edited by WTF2014 12/9/2018 14:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)