AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmer Image
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 1/14/2018 10:45 (#6504177 - in reply to #6504093)
Subject: RE: Farmer Image

Fair enough on the clean cut vs new argument.

However my point is the older somewhat rusty truck draws far less attention. In today's society with all the malicious intent, legal and otherwise, a door ding or scratch just because someone feels like doing it is less of a care on the older rusty truck vs a nice newer well maintained one. Also seems everyone steers clear of you in an older rusted vehicle. (IE they don't want to be near you because of an inherent fear that your less responsible or you might damage their high dollar ride.)  To me that is effective at receiving a wider berth away from people. People are less likely to tailgate you, or drive beside you or they will pass you to simply get away from you.

Who gets more attention or gets "targeted" for whatever reason, the ordinary guy in dirt covered pants in a rusty pickup truck or the executive in the $1000 suit in a limo. The other part is who seeks out and wants the attention and who tries to avoid it at all costs.

I see the same thing on my mowed ditches. Neighboring overgrown non mowed ones are left untouched (fear of hidden obstructions, depth etc)  It's always my mowed and neatly kept ditches that get torn up and turfed by trucks and people that delight in targeting and tearing up the cleaned & maintained areas.

Rusty barb wire fences may be in the future. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)