AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmer Image
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

barren
Posted 1/14/2018 05:42 (#6503587 - in reply to #6503028)
Subject: RE: Farmer Image

Glasgow, Ky
I guess we need a dress for success guide for farmers. Come to think of it i don't remember seeing a farmer on the cover of a farm magazine wearing overalls. That ought to tell you something. ))) On a serious note, one of the best, wealthiest and most respected farmers I know wears overalls. He drives old vehicles and operated with old equipment for many years.
This reminds me of a story a friend of mine told me years age. He went to a high dollar cattle auction. A couple came in dressed to the hilt in their cowboy duds. Friend overheard them saying they would love to buy some of these cattle but couldn't afford them. That being said an old man dressed in overalls looking like one of the poorer folks at the auction was buying several head. I'm sure many of you can identify with that.
I don't wear overalls but I used to. I wore them because they were the best thing to wear for the kind of farming I was doing. It was a lot more than just operating equipment. A lot of hard physical work.

Guess some people are concerned about what clothes ta person wears, the kind of vehicle they drive, the age and appearance of their equipment, the house they live in, etc. If that is important to you that is your business. I'm getting up there in years and that's probably one reason it doesn't mean much to me. To each their own.

Edited by barren 1/14/2018 05:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)