AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmer Image
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 1/14/2018 06:58 (#6503640 - in reply to #6503028)
Subject: RE: Farmer Image

"Here", I would say 80% or more of us wear a T shirt in the summer, with the majority in blue jeans, some with jean shorts or khaki shorts. Some wear a pro work wear business uniform. A few wear a polo type shirt, but still with jeans, a few wear a button or snap type short sleeved shirt, usually plaid.
In winter the flannel shirt gets the majority, and then jeans.

Then there is the hat thing, most of the guys ( 80% or more ) that are over 60 seem to wear a farm / ag related or sports ball cap. from that age down I want to say the number is like 50% or lower. I wear a hat everyday along with boots, pull on's or cowboy. Cowboy hats are out of the norm, unless someone has cattle and even then that pushes it, although I LOVE that look. I do not have to travel far, say like over 30 miles from any direction and the cowboy hat gets more common.

My wife likes to play the stereotypical, plaid shirt and jeans guy is a farmer game on me when we go out to eat or shopping. I have to eat crow a fair amount on that and laugh, because we will watch them leave and crawl in a pickup or the guy will put on a hat once in the truck, or any other clue that gives away he farms. Its hard for me to win when we eat at steak and ribs joints and do a lot of the shopping in cities bordered by farm area all around.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)