AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmer Image
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 1/14/2018 09:54 (#6504053 - in reply to #6503994)
Subject: RE: Farmer Image

Or maybe some prefer to prioritize, spending hard earned and saved dollars on items that will make them money instead of costing them money. Doubt many in town that are doing the "judging" of farmers have much of a clue anyhow. With "cheap borrowed money" and "finance everything" extraction schemes being promoted everywhere, how will many even know about prioritizing dollars spent on needs vs wants. The conditioning of society that if you see it now you can have it now and worry about paying for it later (even if you can't really afford it.) is undermining the long term solvency of this nation.

I'll relate a story I've told here before. 

I drove an old rusted out beater truck (1980 Datsun pre hard bodies made from recycled metal) was buying a bunch of parts at local dealership. Some guy rolls in and said who's driving the rusted out junker that looks like it's hauled fertilizer it's whole life.

I said that's mine. He said instead of spending so much money in here buying planter parts looks like you ought to be buying a new truck.

I said well it's paid for, starts every time I turn the key, and gets me to where I need to go. I'd rather spend my hard earned money on something that makes me more money instead of losing me money as soon as I drive it off the lot. 

Guy sort of stood there in stunned silence then said you know I never thought about it like that before. 

I don't drive tons of miles or go many places so it was never an issue for me but it was always reliable.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)