AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$$$ are going to be way short this year.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 10/23/2017 16:13 (#6323117 - in reply to #6321663)
Subject: RE: $$$ are going to be way short this year.

Mid-Michigan
This is a tough racket. Most of us were born into this and watched our parent work their asses off for very little pay. A very meager existence. I love the farm but the best advice my dad gave me (and he has given me alot) was to go to school, get a job with good pay and good benefits. He told me that the farm will be here when you want it. Personally I just don't seem to understand how the heck some guys do it especially with a stay at home wife. I have no idea how guys pay stupid rents and make pennies. I do not know how (or why) guys pay ridiculous prices for ground when no matter how many times you sharpen your pencil it won't work. Personally, I want to buy a new truck every so often. I want to buy a motorcycle. I want to give my kids some nice things. I want a nice shop to work in. I don't want to live like a pauper just because I'm a farmer. I guess that's why I haven't been able to buy or rent any ground lately. I'm not going to be a slave for greenstone and I'm not going to have a landlord sitting in the coffee shop bragging about his rent and having his buddies calling me and idiot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)