AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tire experts - novice needs help seating bead on tire - (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 7/23/2017 09:00 (#6143663 - in reply to #6143599)
Subject: RE: Tire experts - novice needs help seating bead on tire - (pics)

just a tish NE of central ND
twraska - 7/23/2017 07:27

JDB1980 - 7/23/2017 07:01 we squirted an abundant amount of dish soap and water combination on rim and tire as we were inflating)

That's too late, you need to get the rubber and rim lubed up before you start to put air in.  And,,,, although I normally use dish soap and water, IMHO bead lube is better.

Exactly, lube needs to be on all touching or mateing surface and "wet" the moment the air hose is applied.
Jack it up, deflate it, break bead and lube it up and try it again. you almost have it so might as well keep trying.By trying, I mean break the bead and re seat..maybe to like 25-30 psi tops......JUST dont keep inflateing and expecting bad things NOT TO HAPPEN......
Say away from 60 psi with a tire that big. I dont think Id try that with a small tire.... THAT IS WAY too much air and that is how people can get killed. (IMHO) If that sucker blows out it will be the last tire you will ever change......
Neighbor had a tractor rear that wasnt quite seated all the way like the rest of the rim was. Said he thought it would "fix it self as he used it. He used it for years and it never poped into place like it should have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)