AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Product Savings? Please explain.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 7/30/2008 22:54 (#425252 - in reply to #425239)
Subject: Counting rows...

See, this is where I always had it over Dad...  It was very easy to tell the 12th and 24th rows when I planted.   I never bothered to count :)    But, yeah, it was a pain in the butt when Dad planted.   Even then, though, there were still planter tracks, so you didn't count.  You just shot the middle between the outside planter lift wheel tracks.   I could count on one hand the number of times I missed by a row in many years of spraying that way.   I'm sure that's different on larger machinery and faster sprayers.

Actually, most of the time, I srayed 18 rows on the first pass, and then all successive passes had me running where the planter tractor ran.   That was the easiest spraying.

My point is, we didn't get enough info in the original post to really evaluate his situation.   But, if he is talking about BroadAcre spraying, and is making the product come out exactly right, then I think he has places that are only 90 to 95% of targeted rate, and other places that are 200% of targeted rate.   If that is found to be acceptable, then there is no product savings for autosteer.

Edited by Macy 7/30/2008 22:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)