AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Product Savings? Please explain.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/31/2008 08:09 (#425444 - in reply to #425252)
Subject: RE: Counting rows...

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Have to agree with Macy. I plant with autopilot with a 12 row 30" planter and spray with a 60' sprayer.

Thus on the first or second pass I take 18 rows and 24 rows otherwise. The lightbar on my sprayer along with the Insight display help me confirm that I am on the correct set of rows when spraying.

The sprayer tractor does not have autopilot and it would not be helpful for this situation.

I am sometimes disappointed that I don't turn quite right with the planter on the ends since turning with an ILS tractor and 30' planter is a bit tight.

The rows are straight once the planter follows the tractor but may be a bit tight or wide when first dropped in.

This is actually helpful when spraying as it gives me yet another visual clue to help me get in on the right set of rows.

This wide/narrow gap also helps me when harvesting with a 30' soybean head where it is sometimes desirable to "strike through" and want to be on a planter set.

This also helps me when harvesting with an 8 row head so I can strike out another "land" without counting rows. In that case, if I pick an odd set I may end up with only four rows for the final pass. In that case I split the difference and just take 6 rows twice.

If I did any nonrow crop spraying, autopilot would certainly be useful
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)