AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Product Savings? Please explain.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

reznik
Posted 7/30/2008 22:39 (#425226 - in reply to #425146)
Subject: RE: Product Savings? Please explain.

Northwest Texas Panhandle
Everyone else's fields must be different then mine because when I get to the last pass, it's never the width of my boom so I have to overlap anyway which gets rid of any benefit I would have gotten from increased accuracy.  Also, who put exactly 16 oz or exactly 32 oz per acre?  Maybe I'm just special (weird?), but I usually don't even try to be exact.  I usually round up to the nearest half gallon or so.  A lot of the times I measure with the 3 gal injection tank on my sprayer except I don't stop the pump.  I just open the valve when I feel like it'll be about 3 gals by the time its been sucked into the sprayer and then close the valve again.  Any extra I may put out I feel is insurance.  It's not an exact science.  Usually I put enough for a couple more acres than the field has and turn up the rate where the weeds or bigger or spray a fence along the outside again.  I see what you're saying where a custom sprayer with 10,000 acres could definitely save a lot of time and product though.  Still just seems like an 'on paper' kind of deal to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)