AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic/non-gmo farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 2/8/2014 14:07 (#3673529 - in reply to #3673385)
Subject: Re: Organic/non-gmo farming

GrainTrader - 2/8/2014 11:58

I am growing some non GMO beans this year and the plan is to grow mostly non GMO corn next year. I'm doing it for the $. Not for any specific environmental or other reasons. Grew GMO for years, just starting to see the light on how a little extra work/planning can go a long way. Have had help/motivation from a few posters on here....

Agree GT. The dollars and "sense" that some of the non-gm products can put out in the end with a very, very small amount of extra work can put a few more dollars on the bottom line. I do not specifically target GMO's as bad but do we really know what a lifetime of consumption will result in? My next major concern is GMO Wheat. I feel that it would be the worst thing we could ever do. The one product I use to control volunteer wheat and it's glyphosate. We all know eventually ALL strains will have some contamination and there goes our control.

What is the "majority consumer" asking for? Most don't care what they eat but we are progressing to the awareness level of GMO content in our foods. Whether or not you like it it's coming. I am preparing to capitalize on the Non-GMO movement. It only makes business sense. Here is our new website.
http://www.nongmofarm.com/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)