AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

corn piles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 11/12/2013 11:32 (#3439778 - in reply to #3439344)
Subject: RE: corn piles

central - east central Minnesota -

jjoseph - 11/12/2013 07:24 took a trip from sw minn to twin cities, had wife drive so i could look around. One thing i noticed was the corn piles or lack of. I know you are going to say that we built a lot of bins. So i payed attention to the bins too. You can tell a new bin compared to a 2-3 year old bin. I will not argue on bins being built in the last 5 years. But in the last 12 months i highly doubt we built enough to make a drastic change. Our area has built very few bins following the '12 drought. According to the bears we have alot of carryover '12 corn to make up for the extra bin space. Our immediate area elevators did not even get the bins full. I do not know for sure but it sure looks like it is not a record crop in minn..

This pic was taken back in end of Oct - Just starting to pile grain outside. The corn harvest was really just starting in the area also ~ Not sure where it's at now, 3wks later.

On a side note - this coop has an excellent staff !
Hats off to Tim, Mark, Derek and Morgan and the others, I didn't work with or get their names - starting up a new handleing and dryer system that week - As expected, there were some bugs to work out and some challenges.
Those, there - worked some very long hours and were friendly and willing to help/work, getting trucks unloaded, happily.      

Edited by iseedit 11/12/2013 11:37

(P1010138.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1010138.JPG (64KB - 29 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)