AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smoking gun on the lost it found it corn stocks number.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/12/2013 07:11 (#3439318 - in reply to #3439068)
Subject: buyers are about $.30 apart right now..

You'd be silly to think there aren't an overwhelming amount of bins full all over country, the south included. It should be evident by now that the producer came into this harvest more undersold then ever..

Uhm.. No.  I have 3 bins that I didn't even use.. a neighbor probably has 30 k of on farm that he didn't fill.. Again a story that I keep repeating of a 2 myn bu house out west that only took in 40 k of wheat.. plus whatever fall crop.. they are probably sitting about 2/3rd's full.. more or less.  Another house that took in 10% of a normal wheat crop.. well heck look at the basis..  NORMALLY Wheat gets Cheaper as you go west.. due to the small crop and the huge amount of feeding that took place.. IT's STILL BACKWARDS.. here in NOVEMBER...  aka see the big blue area in SW Ks and the Panhandles..

http://www.agmanager.info/marketing/basis/maps/archives/2013/November/1/basismaps.asp?image=Basishrw201341.jpg

The Trade has OVERSOLD the market so much that we have Corn basis at record levels for this time of year..

http://www.agmanager.info/marketing/basis/maps/archives/2013/November/1/basismaps.asp?image=Devcorn201341.jpg

One buyer is at $+.35 while another is still trying to pry gut slot bushels in at +$.05 with Corn harvest wrapped up.. AND you still have the funds short on the board.. probably to the tune of 350 myn bushels..   even after yesterday..  This is by NO MEANS the largest fall crop we have ever stored.. in fact it may not even rank in the top 5..  09.. 10.. 06..  2000..  01 are just a few that come to mind with 3 hr truck lines just to dump.. I never waited longer than 30 minutes this year.. (well once at the end of beanies.. but that was FINALLY normal...) 95% of the time.. pulled right on to the scale..

So no.. there is NOT an overwhelming amount of grain in the country.. btw.. there's another basis hole in NC Iowa.. and from the looks of things.. it's getting bigger..  Must be that dang farmer sitting on inventory again... btw again.. merchant couple coops over says farmer is 60% sold on corn here...  probably higher than others.. but.. still.. doesn't sound "undersold" to me...  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)